Little Cherries provides a Lunch Club.
Lunch Club runs from 12pm – 12.45pm and costs £3.50 per child per session. You will need to provide a packed lunch for your child.
The morning children are collected at 12.45pm and the afternoon children can arrive at 12pm.
If you would like a place for your child, please speak to Anita or e-mail email@example.com.
Unfortunately parents will not be able to book places on an ad hoc basis as we need to ensure sufficient staffing levels.
Lunch Club Advisory Notes:
At Lunch Club we provide a service where staff supervise and support children to eat a packed lunch provided by parents/carers.
The storage facilities available at Little Cherries for lunch boxes will be in the corridor outside the rooms allowing no direct sunlight. We advise that insulated lunch boxes are used to maintain food temperature.
In order to protect children with allergies, we discourage children sharing and swapping their food with one another.
Advisory guidelines regarding the food in the lunch boxes are that;
. The box is clearly labelled with the child’s name.
- We encourage packed lunches to contain an ice pack to keep food cool.
- No nuts/ nut products are to be provided in the lunch box.
- We encourage healthy eating- providing sandwiches with a healthy filling, fruit and milk- based desserts such as yoghurt or crème fraiche along with water to drink.
- We discourage packed lunch contents which largely consist of crisps, processed foods, sweet drinks and foods such as cakes and biscuits. We reserve the right to return this food to parents as a last resort.
- We ensure that staff will sit with the children to eat their lunch providing a supportive role and ensuring that lunchtime is a social occasion.
Please feel free to discuss any questions regarding this information or questions regarding lunch club with a member of staff.